Monday, December 14, 2009

Easy Entertaining II - Breakfast

One of the easiest egg recipes I've ever come across is the frittata. It's super easy to make but it has a fancy name and looks good and it combines eggs and cheese so what's not to like? I also love this recipe because you can use what you already have. Typically I start with onions and peppers, and the day after Thanksgiving we threw some turkey in too. I've also used mushrooms, potatoes, hashbrowns, tomatoes, spinach, garlic, broccoli, ham and bacon.

To make:
Saute veggies and/or meat in frying pan
Season to taste.
Pour beaten eggs (I guestimate based on how many people I'm feeding) over sauteed veggies. Let it sit! Don't stir it or you will just have scrambled eggs with veggies in it.
Once the eggs are almost fully cooked, top it with cheese and stick it under the broiler until the cheese is melted to your liking.

Serve with fruit salad, or toast, or whatever you usually serve eggs with.

I've also put a link below to an Alton Brown recipe from foodnetwork.com. It's a real recipe from a real chef and may explain things better than I.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/frittata-recipe/index.html

If you have a good frittata recipe, or ideas for a good one (I keep thinking of a Greek one, but have yet to make it) please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I've made something like that, but without having a name for it, plus I just throw shredded cheese on top, put on a lid, and turn the heat down. I know... it's not exactly the same, but it's easy and "oh so good!"

    ReplyDelete