Friday, February 5, 2010

Bibliocommons

Our new online catalogue is so easy! And fun to browse. I was lucky enough to attend the board meeting with Pat Kopp's Bibliocommons demonstration last spring, and I have been looking forward to being able to mess around with it myself ever since.

One of my favorite features is that patrons can write their own comments and rate books. As a frequent user of foodnetwork.com these sorts of comments have prevented me and encouraged me from trying recipes, based on other user's opinions. I love that I can now do the same with my book choices. I rarely read a book that wasn't recommended to me by a friend, and now I have lots of online friends to help me!

I also enjoy being able to browse the shelves online. Yes, I realize that our actual shelves are about a 20 second walk from my desk, but playing online is fun too. The scavenger hunt was a great idea as well, as it encouraged us to explore Bibliocommons in ways some of us never would.

I hope the public enjoys Bibliocommons as much as our staff has!

No comments:

Post a Comment